This Privacy Notice outlines how Revenue Monster collects, uses, maintains and discloses your personal data in respect of commercial transactions and how Revenue Monster safeguards the personal data.
“Revenue Monster” or “We” in this Privacy Notice refers to Revenue Monster Sdn Bhd (“RM”), including its affiliates companies.
1. Your consent is important
When you request information or sign up for our products and services or when you enter into any commercial transactions with Revenue Monster, you may be required to provide Revenue Monster with your personal data. In doing so, you consent to its use by Revenue Monster in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Your personal data may have otherwise been provided to the Revenue Monster by a third party (for example your spouse, a company in which you are a director, an officer or a shareholder, or a partnership in which you are a partner) for products or services that these third parties have sought from Revenue Monster. In this context, the term “you” or “your” in this Privacy Notice extends to any individual whose personal data has been provided to Revenue Monster and/or has been collected in other circumstances as described in Section 3 of this Privacy Notice.
We may collect your sensitive personal data, if you apply for certain products such as health / life insurance or housing loans, which require you to disclose such sensitive personal data to us. We will only use your sensitive personal data to provide the service(s) you signed up for. If we collect, use, maintain or disclose your sensitive personal data, we will ask for your explicit consent.
You have the choice, at any time, not to provide your personal data/sensitive personal data or to revoke your consent to Revenue Monster processing of your personal data/sensitive personal data. However, failure to provide such personal data/sensitive personal data or revocation of your consent to process personal data/sensitive personal data provided may result in Revenue Monster being unable to provide you with effective and continuous products and services.
2. Types of personal data we collect
Personal data refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of Revenue Monster, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about the individual. The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to your name, address, other contact details, age, occupation, marital status, financial information such as your income, or income tax particulars your identity card or passport, place of birth, credit history and your transaction history. The personal data we collect can be either obligatory or voluntary. Obligatory personal data are those that we require in order to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with obligatory personal data, we would not be able to provide you with our products and services. Voluntary personal data are those that are not mandatory in order for us to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with voluntary personal data, you can still sign up for our products and services. Obligatory and voluntary personal data differ for each products and services and will be indicated in the application forms.
3. Ways we collect your personal data
We obtain your personal data in various ways, such as:
- When you sign up for or use one of the many services we provide or when you register an account at any Revenue Monster websites.
- When you contact the Revenue Monster through various methods such as application forms, emails and letters, telephone calls and conversations you have with our staff in a branch. If you contact us or we contact you using telephone, we may monitor or record the phone call for quality assurance, training and security purposes.
- From our analysis of your transactions (e.g. payment history, loan, or deposit balances, credit or debit card purchases).
- We may also obtain your personal data when you participate in customer surveys or when you sign up for any of our competitions or promotions.
- When we obtain any data and information from third parties (e.g. credit reference agencies, regulatory and enforcement agencies, employers, joint account holders, guarantors, legal representatives, spouses, parents, guardians, dependents and/or companies/partnership that you hold directorships, shareholdings or partnership in).
- When you enter into any commercial transactions with the Revenue Monster including but not limited to you providing goods and/or services or your professional services;
- From publicly available sources.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you signed up with an Internet Service Provider. When you visit our website, your IP address is automatically logged in our server. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. From your IP address, we may identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing our website. Generally we do not link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you unless it is required by law and regulation.
Information on Cookies
4. Purpose of processing your personal data
We may process your personal data for the following reasons:
- Enter into relevant sale and purchase agreement;
- Communication of services, sale and purchase transactions;
- Payment transaction processing;
- Settlement of fund, Refund or Cancellation, Dispute and/or Chargeback of the payment transaction;
- Recurring payment service and/or tokenization;
- General administration;
- Manage and maintain your account(s) and facility(ies) with us;
- Respond to your enquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- Update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records;
- Produce data, reports and statistics which have been aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual;
- Conduct research and survey, which solely for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us;
- Meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on us;
- For audit, compliance and risk management purposes; or
- Any other purpose that we deem necessary and/or as required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
From time to time, we may share your personal data with other entities within Revenue Monster, our agents or strategic partners and other third parties (“other entities”) as Revenue Monster deems fit and you may receive marketing communication from us or from these other entities about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications, please notify us to withdraw your consent and we will stop processing and sharing your personal data with these other entities for the purpose of sending you marketing communications.
Please be notified that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent for marketing or promotional materials/communication, it may take up to fourteen (14) working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials/communication during this period of time. Please note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing or promotional materials, Revenue Monster may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the accounts, facilities or services that you hold or have subscribed to with Revenue Monster.
6. Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is our priority. Revenue Monster takes all physical, technical and organizational measures needed to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data. If we disclose any of your personal data to our authorised agents or service providers, we will require them to appropriately safeguard the personal data provided to them.
The disclosure of your data may involve the transfer of your personal data to places outside of Malaysia, and by providing us your personal data you agree to such a transfer where it is required to provide you the services you have requested, and for the performance of any contractual obligations you have with Revenue Monster including for storage purposes.
7. Period to which we may retain your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements. Afterwards we will destruct or permanently delete your data.
Please note that we may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by posting a notice of such changes on our website or by sending you a notification directly. Do periodically review this Privacy Notice to stay informed on how we are protecting your information.
9. Ways to access / correct / update your personal data
We are committed to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. If there are any changes to your personal data or if you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, please contact us so that we may take steps to update your personal data.
You have the right to access your personal data. If you would like to request access to your personal data, please contact us. Please note that depending on the information requested we may charge a small fee. We may also take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request for access to your personal data.
10. How may you contact us?
If you need to contact us, you may email email@example.com . For corporate customers, you may contact your relationship manager directly.
In case of any inconsistencies between these two, the English version shall prevail. In case there are inconsistencies on how we collect or use your personal data between this Privacy Notice and the terms and conditions of your specific product or service or other contractual documents, the terms and conditions of your specific product or service or other contractual documents shall prevail.
If you have provided Revenue Monster with personal data of a third party, please ensure that you have obtained the third party’s consent in relation to the processing and disclosure of their personal data and that this Privacy Notice is brought to the attention of any such third party.